Recently a foreign company RecordedFuture made an analysis of Cknife in their blogs. But it is full of errors, misunderstandings and even slanders just because we are Chinese and made Cknife open source. Here we publish a disclaimer and clarify the motives of open sourcing Cknife.
Cknife is only limited to security research and education. Cknife’s users should **be responsible for any result lead by incorrect uses. We shall not be responsible **or liable for any result, risk and law violation arising therefrom.
Why we developed Cknife:
1. Helpful for security testers in authorized penetration testings.
2. Helpful for WAF companies make their WAF stronger in attack-defense
3. Helpful for network administrators manage their web sites.
Why we made Cknife open source:
1. Upgrade Cknife continuously by crowd-sourcing of github.
2. Under audit and supervision because back doors are usually embedded in web shell management tools.
We believe only through attack-defense interaction can security researchers and WAFs make progresses to give users a more secure Internet.